A video of beginners version of Hatha Yoga Sequence.
1. Let’s start with easy Leg Raises: One leg is raised while the other remains flat on the floor. Inhale up, exhale down. Then both legs together. Lift as high as comfortable. Pay attention to the abdominal ad lower back muscles. Relax the shoulders and neck.
2. Simplified Sun Salutation (Surya Namaskar): See description for more details:
Here’s how to do it:
Inhale exhale palm together in the prayer position
Inhale, stretch arms up, look up
Exhale, fold forward
Inhale look up
Exhale Child Pose
Exhale Downward Dog
Exhale, fold forward
Inhale, arms up
Exhale, gently come back to the starting position
3. Child Pose (Balasana): It is a relaxation pose. Stay anywhere from 30 seconds to a few minutes.
4. The Forward Bend ( Paschimothanasana): The asana reduces fat and stimulates the nervous system. The first version is for more advanced while I did second simplified version. Try to keep the spine straight while inhale, then exhale just fold a little bit further. Gradually, you will be able to fold forward more each time.
5. The Bridge (Sethu Bandhasana) and The Wheel (Chakrasana). The Wheel is a most dynamic backward bend; it stimulates the energy centres and leaving us feel exhilarated.
Please note that The Wheel might not be suitable for very beginners, if not, then repeat the bridge.
6. Spinal Twist (Meru Wakrasana): It stretches the spine, and tones the nerves, alleviates backache, neck pain. A very good asana for beginners. Pay attention to the spine and breath while twisting the spine.
7. The Splits stretch: Here are the techniques of how to stretch into the Splits. Try to support the weight on the hands, stretch one leg forward to rest on the heel and the other back. Please do not over stretch, if you practice it regularly, it will become easier over time.
8. The Hands to Feet Pose: It has the same benefits as the Forward Bend. Inhale straighten the spine, exhale just fold forward a little bit, please do not over stretch. Come up slowly.
9. Final relaxation, Corpse Pose (Shavasana) : Tighten your legs, hips, back, arms, shoulder and head, then release. Let the figurers curl up slightly. Relax the whole body, with each exhale, let the body sink heavily to the earth. Rest for at least 10 minutes.
Thanks for watching, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask 🙂 http://www.exhalerelax.com
1. Air on g string, Bach
2. Sinfonia No.11 in G minor, Bach
3. Nocturne op. 9 No.2, Chopin
4. Sonata No.8 in C minor, Beethoven
music from: http://musopen.org, public domain music